More than a week after coming home from Las Vegas, I can finally process the overwhelming and amazing experience that was WPPI. As it was my first time presenting a Platform class, I was really excited as well as pretty darn terrified. I spent months preparing my talk and was so excited that my class was jam-packed. It was so inspiring to meet so many wonderful photographers, and to be able to pass along some of my experiences working as an artist in the world of weddings.
It was also a huge highlight to see my images on display at the Fujifilm booth - so exciting... Thank you Fuji!
I have to give a big shout-out to the fantastic folks who helped me along the path to WPPI, and who contributed to the success of my talk:
- I'm so thrilled to work with them; as a film shooter I love their film and am so honored to have been asked to partner with them.
Richard Photo Lab
- My amazing lab who truly went above and beyond in helping me prepare for WPPI.
- Cypress created the beautiful 11x14 Iris Books I had on display. I'm such a huge fan of their work, as are my clients!
- Friend and bookbinder extraordinaire, who carted my suitcases full of cards and other goodies out to Vegas. I work with Michael and adore his beautiful matted Museum books.
Nancy Liu Chin
- Floral genius who generously created the beautiful branch structures that displayed my Workshop
- Purveyor of gorgeous linens, they created the delicate, rose-inspired floral tablecloths.
Photos in this post by Meg Messina
& Jesse Hisco
- Thank you so much you two!